If your PC goes dark or does not even startup, then here is the best solution for you. In this article, you will come to know about the essential parts in the system that you need to take care of. There is switch mode power supplies function available in the cabinet that is responsible for filtering of the power. If there is the malfunctioning of the power supply, then there is one thing you need to take care of that is check out SMPS of the motherboard. You can take the help of online services like the ability to fix up defective power supplies is only a few clicks away. This is the best way in which you can fix the power supply on your own else you can take it to the technician.
Here is a step by step guide for your repair-
- Unplug all the cables- This is the first thing you need to take care of that is unplug all the power cables. It is essential so that you should not get to interact with a hazardous electric shock.
- Remove the panel- There is a panel attached to the cabinet that needs to be removed. The main process of repairing will start after removing of the back panel.
- Smell the burn- After removing the back panel, you might get to smell the burn. If it does, then there is a problem is SMPS. You need to replace that essential part in the cabinet if you want to get it run again.
- Check out the fan- If there are no burning smells, then there might be a problem in the fan. You should check out if there is any kind of dust stuck in the fan. If there is then you should clean it with a soft cloth.
- Turn on the system- After following these steps, you should turn on the system and check out whether the supply is back on or not.
Thus these are some of the steps you should follow if you want to repair it by yourself.