Temporary emails are also known as disposable emails because these are using for a specific amount of time. They are the alternatives for your personal and permanent email addresses. Internet users may have more than one mail identity for various purposes.
The reason might be any of the following:
- Global chatting: Some online gaming apps like Clash of Clans have this option of global chatting. The player can chat with anyone worldwide while playing the game. It helps the gamer not to show his actual name and talk without any worries.
- Tracking: You can trace any other person’s device location with his temp email. It will hide his authentic identity and would save him from the future risks of cybercrimes. Despite this, it is illegal, but some people get involved in these fraudulent activities, as well.
- Avoiding spam: Unnecessary spam messages irritate users to an extent. It creates a lot of fuss about surfing the internet. People use temp emails to stop getting these annoying emails from different companies and websites.
- Concealed subscription: Desire to subscribe to any website or any Youtube channel with a temp email without worrying about receiving useless notifications on your private email account.
- Stalking: Although stalking is not a legit activity, some people still do it for fun and entertainment. They stalk numerous pages of celebrities or their favorites without being revealed and judged.
- Anonymous blogging: Some bloggers and content writers on Instagram, use the idea to create temp mails to write and comment on other poetry pages without the fear of being spammed or reported.
Many online registered companies also use temp mails to conceal or hide their original identities for legal purposes. But they must be careful about the rules and regulations of cyber law.